Volume 9, Number 6
2006 Annual Award Winners
Indiana's business leader, government leader and community of the year are honored for their outstanding contributions. Learn more about the honorees.
• Mac McCormick, Business Leader of the Year
• Gov. Mitch Daniels, Government Leader of the Year
• Evansville, Community of the Year
2006 Volunteers of the Year
The Indiana Chamber is able to achieve higher levels of success through the commitment of its business community volunteers. Three – of the many who give back to the organization – receive special recognition.
• Jesse Brand, Brands, Inc.
• Ellen Gregory, Ice Miller
• Mike Wells, REI Investments
Crafting an Energy Game Plan
The energy future for Indiana and the entire United States is uncertain, at best, according to many. It's not just gasoline prices, but national security concerns that must be addressed through renewable fuel options.
• Lugar/Purdue summit
• Roundtable discussion
Playing the Money Game
Indiana's venture capital tax credit is an important tool for businesses and investors. Start-ups and established companies are taking advantage of the financial incentive.
From Washington to Indiana
Hoosier business leaders hear the latest news and opinions from the congressional delegation and special guests during the annual D.C. Fly-in.
Looking Back to Plan Ahead
Town history is playing a role as Frankfort focuses on changes to enhance its economic future.
• Corporate Champion: Chuck Hinshaw, Federal-Mogul
• Indiana's Leaders: Fred Carter
• Member Spotlight: National Cigar Corporation
Local government efficiency; motorsports
Pass It On
Leadership in wellness
Health care cost update